Thursday 10 July 2008

Vista update: simply stupid.

Bill Gates is seen here having a chuckle. Yes no doubt he is and probably at my expense as I was forced to wait for a 56.3 MB "Important" Update to be downloaded from Windows Update before I could use my own computer.

If I set Windows Update to allow me to review "high-priority updates" before downloading, then Windows Live OneCare (which I have now ditched) showed my computer to be "At Risk," turned the Windows Live OneCare icon to bright red, and prompted me that my computer "May be at risk from Internet threats". And if I did set Windows Update to automatically download and install "important" updates, I was forced to wait until a 56.3 MB "Important" update such as KB955020 (which adds a massive five words to the English dictionary) before I was able to simply start and use my own computer. For those with any remote interest can find the Microsoft article here at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955020 which explains nothing why this should be a priority update that is so vital and important to mankind.

Can anyone explain to me why this 56.3 MB containing the hugely popular five words:
1.Friendster
2.Klum
3.Nazr
4.Obama
5.Racicot
- from Windows Update is considered important enough to deny me the use of my own computer until it completes?

Edit: You can follow up some revealing stuff about this here.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: