Tuesday 8 July 2008

Amy Winehouse does it again.

This woman really cheeses me orf. In the next vital instalment that the news is so eager to let us know apparently, and so I've been reading, she has been put under a 24-hour house arrest after she confessed to taking drugs while being treated for heroin addiction.

The singer’s label bosses have put her under surveillance in an effort to keep her away from any dealers and drug-taking friends, according to reports. Amy is said to have admitted: "I've never been to rehab - I mean, done it properly. I'm young, and I'm in love, and I get my nuts off sometimes.”

She is also being immortalised in wax at the world famous Madame Tussauds museum. The wax model, which was created by a team of 20 sculptors for some months, costs 100,000 pounds of British Tax payers money. Winehouse is said to have insisted that her towering trademark beehive be perfectly recreated, and she even asked for her saucy “sailor” tattoos to be engraved on the figure. Her wax figure has been considered by the staff at the London attraction as worthy of being protected, especially after her Glastonbury performance in which a fan lunged at her.

“We are really pleased to be creating Amy,” Daily star quoted Tussauds general manager Edward Fuller as saying. Your joking me, right?

Wake up and smell the coffee here. I can't believe that this woman gets so much undeserved attention for her stupid actions. Granted, she is a fantastic performer and successful in her field (though no thanks to Mark Ronson), but this is getting beyond a joke. She has admitted to taking drugs, countless times at that, always in the press for her love life bust ups and it seems the general consensus of opinion is "Aww, bless her, it's not her fault".

No, no, it is her fault. Entirely. Wether she has some huge illness or not due to her drug taking, the point is that the record label who employs her is making a vast amount of moolar from her doing it. Lets face it, if she wasn't taking all this shite in the first place I doubt very much the labels would be making as much money. Bad press is good press it seems and I am appalled that the world has come to this. I call Amy part of the 'Terrible Three'. Its the Kate Moss cocaine thing all over again. Its Pete bloody Docherty on steroids. Its bloody ridiculous is what it is.

Its spells out to the world, and more importantly the youth of today, that it is quiet alright to take as much bloody spank and clunk as your body can handle, because if you have a talent that makes money, its ok to do these kind of things. No, really it is. And even if your body gives up on you through overuse, thats ok too, because the money makers have the methods, and lawyers, to keep you out of jail and putting the coins back in their pockets.

I have an amazing talent for pissing people off, but it doesn't make any money. So for instance, if I was to take copious amounts of drugs til my ears waggled uncontrollably, fell off and started talking to me through the medium of mime, there is no doubt that I would be arrested, sectioned under the Mental Health Act or sent to prison.

Pfft, the bloody injustice.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL! nice point of view and a great funny line at the end.

I nearly choked on my coffee!